About Happy Shack
The tiny little building that’s now Happy Shack has an interesting origin of its own, and was built specifically to be the library for the town of Morrison, Colorado. The library didn’t start here, though; it was first organized as a section of a grocery store in 1938 before moving three more times. In 1947, it was again displaced to make room for a liquor firm and this time Carl Peinze stepped in to give it a home once and for all on his property where he ran a local grocery and real estate office. This property, once known as the Peinze House, is now the home of the delicious Latin bistro Beso de Arte.